Already applied?View Dashboard
Production SupervisorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 583330BR Location Beijing, Beijing Municipality, China (Mainland) Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 08, 2018
Job Summary:CREATIVE SCOPE –
- Dubbing and subtitling script translation review for all dubbed products
- Character & Terms names translation brainstorming and input
- Attendance of dubbing and vocal recording sessions as required, for all products
- QC of dubbed products as required
- Follow up with dubbing studios on quality check and improvements, monitoring of dubbing process
- Assist in the review of lyrics translations / adaptation
- Local knowledge and trends input and suggestions as related to dubbing and entertainment industry, including star talent trends and background research
- Preparation of presentations related to dubbing and star talents.
OPERATIONS SCOPE -
- Work with Operations head to monitor, track and work with dubbing studios in China to maintain dubbing schedules, production process and make sure dubbing studios are in compliance of operations requirement.
- Work with finance head to monitor and track studio dubbing budgets as required.
- Work with Operations head to ensure all aspects of dubbing operations, including Assignment of Rights and other legal requirements for various dubbing projects.
- Work with Operations head to liaise with Burbank and London offices to ensure material flows are smooth and in time for production. Problem solving on material issues.
TECHNICAL SCOPE –
- Work with dubbing head and technical head to review and ensure recording, editing & mixing quality of dubbing studios in China are up to Disney standard.
- Assist in the transmission of DUDIA and other recorded tracks and archive materials as required.
- Review and understand and follow the Disney delivery spec and meeting minimum quality standard. Liaise with dubbing studios and technical resources in Asia/Global to solve problems when arising.
ASSET MANAGEMENT & DIGITAL FILE DELIVERY
- Work with the operations group and other team members to ensure all dubbed products and local productions assets are archived properly.
- Work with Burbank Technical group to ensure digital file delivery and asset management solutions (sound & picture) are consistent with company policy and guidelines.
Basic Qualifications:Language: Fluent English and Mandarin language (PRC)
Education: College or University education plus professional training in production/dubbing, Ideally educated abroad.
Experience: 1-2 years experience in music/dubbing/audio/visual production field
Skills-sets: Powerpoint, excel, word, basic pro-tools understanding.
Others: Self disciplined, team work and willing to travel and exceptional people skills required.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited Beijing Branch, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).