Research Software Developer - Content Discovery
Beijing, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID oeiWefwq Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Mar. 16, 2021
Hulu’s Content Intelligence team is dedicated to better connecting contents with users through deep understanding of the contents. The team analyzes large scale Hulu contents (movies, series/episodes, news/sports) with multimodal information (video, textual metadata, speech, user behavior), generates content understanding data (like embeddings/tags/relevance) and applies them to Hulu’s recommendation/search/campaign systems to gain business values.
Now Content Intelligence team is seeking a research software developer (RSDE) who will be an outstanding addition to the team. As a RSDE in the team, you will design and develop cutting-edge algorithms/models in content understanding and recommendation areas. The right candidates for this role are talents who have experience in multimodal content understanding (CV/NLP) and content-based video recommendation. If you are self-motivated and passionate about solving challenging problems with machine learning techniques, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Apply state-of-the-art machine learning techniques in a variety of areas, such as content representation, relevance prediction and video recommendation.
- Design and develope scalable and efficient algorithms/models for large scale content understanding and recommendation tasks.
- Invent and iterate on novel solutions to challenging machine learning problems.
- Collaborate with developers, program managers and product managers in an open and creative environment.
WHAT TO BRING
- MS or Ph.D. in computer science, EE or other related fields.
- 4+ years of working experience on large scale machine learning, multi-modal content understanding, NLP/CV in leading internet companies. Experience in personalized recommendation is highly preferred.
- Outstanding research track record in the areas of machine learning, content analysis/recommendation. Publications in renowned journals, conferences would be a big plus.
- Familiarity with Python, C++ or any other OOP language.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Chinese Mandarin proficiency is required.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.