Senior Research Software Developer - Ad Intelligence
Beijing, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID oK0Cefwk Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Jun. 21, 2021
Viewer-first advertising is a strategic imperative for Hulu and Disney. The Beijing Ad Intelligence team's mission is to transform advertising and Disney's Ad platform with data and AI across TV and streaming video. We build solutions to measure and optimize every aspect of advertising lifecycle. Our tenant is a strong cross-function team to deliver E2E solutions covering tech areas ranging from machine learning, bigdata, microservices to data applications. Our team is seeking a senior research software developer who will be an outstanding addition and leading high-innovated research studies and end-to-end delivery solutions. The right person for this role should have phenomenal passion on innovation and motivation to understand the business and product to develop cutting edge algorithms. If you are someone who is proactive, inquisitive, and innovative, this is an excellent role for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive ground-breaking innovation and apply state of the art machine learning, statistics or analytics in a variety of areas to help Hulu and Disney in every aspect of advertising, including ad targeting, inventory forecasting and planning, efficient ad delivering.
- Invent and fast iterate on novel solutions to challenging ad related problems
- Develop scalable and efficient methods for large scale data analysis and model development. End-to-end delivers the algorithm and model in production to contribute to ad business value
- Collaborate with developers, program managers, and product managers in an open, creative environment
WHAT TO BRING
- MS or PhD in computer science or EE
- 3+ years of working experience on large scale machine learning, statistics and in leading internet companies. Experience in ads domain is preferred.
- Solid understanding on ML technologies, mathematics and statistics.
- Familiarity with Java, Python, Scala, large scale ML/DL platforms and processing tech stack.
- Passion to understand the ad business and apply accurate research study according to the business scenario, and seek innovation opportunities to enhance business effectiveness.
- Passion for technology, open to interdisciplinary work, and experience in building data-driven services and applications.
- Proven track record of thriving in a fast-paced, data-driven, collaborative and iterative applied research environment
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.