Senior Research Software DeveloperApply NowApply Later Job ID P007406-R0010615 Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Nov. 18, 2021
Disney and Hulu’s Recommendation Research team is seeking a Senior RSDE(Research Software Develop Engineer) to drive the future of recommendation research work for online video streaming services. As a senior member of our research team, you will have a chance to tackle some of the most challenging and exciting algorithmic problems.
The recommendation team analyzes and leverages petabytes of user and content data in order to serve the right content to the right users, and create the best personalization experience in online video. While we stand firmly on statistical and mathematical foundations, we see great value in real world, creative and pragmatic solutions.
An ideal candidate should have rich experiences in developing and leading industry standard large-scale research projects. The ideal candidate will also have experience mentoring and guiding junior team members. If you are someone who is proactive, inquisitive, and innovative in either of these domains, this is a phenomenal role for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive ground-breaking innovation and apply state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to real-world recommendation problems, such as relevance prediction, user modeling, learning to ranking, and natural language understanding.
- Invent and fast iterate on novel solutions to challenging data related problems.
- Develop scalable and efficient methods for large-scale data analysis and model development.
- Collaborate with program managers, and product managers and researchers in an open, creative environment.
- Coach and provide guidance to junior team members.
WHAT TO BRING
- MS or PhD in computer science, EE or other related discipline.
- 4+ years of working experience on large-scale machine learning, user behavior analysis in leading internet companies.
- Experience in personalization technology is highly preferred Familiarity with Java, Python, C/C++ or any other OOP language, familiar with tensorflow, pytorch or other machine learning platform.
- Proven track record of thriving in a fast-paced, data-driven, collaborative and iterative applied research environment.
- Outstanding track record in the areas of machine learning, data mining, or statistical modeling, with evidence through publications in renowned journals, conferences is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.