Senior Software Developer - Big Data
Beijing, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID oDhfffw8 Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Apr. 16, 2021
Personalized Intelligence Application team powers the data for Discovery Platform which is dedicated to connect Hulu user with our rich high quality content resources at the right time in the right place. The team collects user behavior data, develop user engagement data warehouse, applying ML method enriching the dataset, measure the performance of browsing experience, power the core features for personalized recommendation system.
Personalized Intelligence Application team helps improving our users browsing experiences by maximizing data driven technology. No matter user is on PC, Mobile, or any Living room devices we will present the most personalized watching experience also enable user explore our large inventory easily. Are you passionate about working on ground-breaking ideas? Are you exited to build large-scale service for all popular devices? Are you interested to collaborate with top engineers and researchers? This is an outstanding opportunity that combines the ability to build new and exciting user experiences for Hulu’s customers, with the chance to work with ‘big data’ and advance techniques to grow your career.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- This role requires outstanding programming skills, a passion for user experience and design, and proven ability optimizing, developing, launching and maintaining large scale production systems.
- As a key member of the team, you will chip in to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation and testing.
- You should be willing to be hardworking in big-data area cutting-edge technologies, demonstrate rich experiences in big-data development such as design and develop data warehouse, master at least one domain technology in Hadoop ecosystem.
- You should have a results-oriented spirit, love autonomy, know how to deliver, and long for the chance to create groundbreaking solutions to substantial problems.
WHAT TO BRING
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- 7+ years software development experience
- Outstanding programming ability in – Java/Scala/Python/CPP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with building and deploying big-data applications
- Expertise in recommendation systems and/or machine learning
- Experience with Hadoop/Hive/Presto/Spark/Flink/Kafka/Redis etc.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.