Senior Software Developer - Identity Management
Beijing, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID P002382-R0010364 Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Sep. 07, 2021
Hulu’s Identity Management Team is seeking a Lead Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our engineering team. As a Lead Software Developer at Hulu, you will be the full stack expert working from the UX to the data storage in the authentication and authorization domain. Your primary responsibility is building out complete first-party and federated login solutions to protect our viewers from unauthorized access, designing defense-in-depth architecture to protect Hulu from internal and external threats, advocating security best practices in the development organization, and serving as a subject matter expert for other teams in building solid and secure services. You will work with all facets of Hulu including the product, user experience, design and program management teams to build out the right services and tools to keep Hulu safe from threats on the inside and the outside. The right person for this role is a passionate technology pioneer, a practical programmer and an inquisitive explorer - a person who can envision the technologies we need tomorrow and define the path to get there from today. If you are someone who thrives in a team environment and gains personal satisfaction when sharing knowledge and partnering with teams across Hulu, then this is the perfect role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Architect, design, and implement the services to enhance Hulu’s capability in combating internal and external threats
- Identify weaknesses and gaps in the current architecture and drive resolutions across the Hulu technology organization
- Establish and drive engineering best practices around agile and quality-focused development with a focus on security
- Recruit, hire, and mentor developers
WHAT TO BRING
- BS, MS, PHD degree in CS related major
- 7+ years working experience on software development, at least 3+ years experience in building internet-facing consumer services
- Strong knowledge of backend technologies (web APIs, microservices, caching systems, database designs)
- Expert knowledge in at least one internet-class development language: Java, Scala
- Independent, energetic, highly technical, and thrives under pressure and ambiguity
- Strong advocate of software engineering practices and agile approaches
- Excellent communication and collaboration skill in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Familiar with Scala and functional programming, good at web framework Play/Http4S and have experience on the libraries of Cats/Cats Effect
- Has performed threat modeling on large scale internet-facing services
- Development experience on cloud like AWS
- Familiar with container technology like K8s
- Knowledge of OWASP best practices, OAuth2, SAML
- Additional backend experiences for SQL/NoSQL, Nginx, Message Queues
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.