Senior Software Developer - Media Engineering
Beijing, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID P001188-R0010345 Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Sep. 07, 2021
Hulu’s Multimedia Dev team is seeking a(n) Senior Software Engineer who will be an exceptional addition to our Media Engineering team. As a Senior Software Engineer at Hulu, you will work closely with the multinational teams to make groundbreaking idea&technology into reality. The right person for this role should be a skilled developer, an enthusiastic and quick learner, and motivated to build software influencing millions of users. If you are someone who loves software development in multimedia, then this is an ideal role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead to define, design, implement and operate metadata serving platform handling high concurrency traffic with high reliability
- Constantly optimize and improve existing architecture
- In sustained manner, embrace and apply the best engineering practices to write hight-quality code, and defensive and robust tests
- Communicate and Collaborate efficiently with colleagues to acquire well defined product requirements and solid tech solutions.
- Identify and Solve problems with innovative mentality
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience, and proficiency in Python, Go, or similar
- Expertise with Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms
- Deep understanding and sound experience of databases and microservices
- The fundamental experience of developing and operating high concurrency and high reliable back end system
- Video streaming proven experience
- Solid understanding and experience of well-defined software development procedures
- Fluent English in reading, writing, and speaking.
- Experience with AWS
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.