Senior Software Developer - Playback Data Intelligence
Beijing, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID oduSefwx Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Mar. 10, 2021
Hulu’s global Video Engineering team is seeking an experienced software developer who will be an exceptional addition to our playback QoS group. As a Senior Software Developer at Hulu, you will be involved in the daily development across teams and the evolvement of Hulu's state-of-the-art intelligent streaming system. If you are someone who wants to play an important role inside the team that does crossover stuff between video streaming technologies and data driven optimizations, then this is a great position for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build and improve the quality of Hulu video playback system, which includes data processing pipelines, AI engine based on ML algorithms, high-availability services and more.
- Contribute to development of QoS measurement, QoS optimizations algorithms, QoS issue alerting, and other innovations related.
- Collaborate with multiple teams and workforces to integrate optimizations across all components in video system with the goal of improving playback QoS and drive up user engagement.
- Follow incidents with the team, deriving insights for resiliency and self-healing capabilities into future iterations.
- Regularly review code from peers and provide technical guidance on architecture for continuous improvements and shared knowledge.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor in Computer Science or other related technical field.
- 7+ years software development experience.
- Experience with bigdata stacks and ecosystems in different data infrastructure and environments.
- Experience with AI-empowered systems and machine learning
- Clear communication, teamwork skills, and ability to build consensus with multiple partners.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English.
- Experience of building, managing and tuning high throughput and highly available systems.
- Experience in video streaming and playback domain, such as ABR, DASH/HLS, CDN, TCP/IP, HTTP/2, QUIC, etc.
- Experience with industrial toolings, like Docker, AWS, ELK and etc.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.