Senior Software Developer - Video Frontend
Beijing, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID oOymffwH Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Apr. 29, 2021
Hulu’s global Video Engineering team is seeking an experienced software developer who will be an exceptional addition to our playback QoS group. As a Senior Software Developer at Hulu, you will be involved in the daily development across teams and the evolvement of Hulu's state-of-the-art intelligent streaming system. If you are someone who wants to play an important role inside the team that does crossover stuff between video streaming technologies and data driven optimizations, then this is a great position for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build and improve the quality of Hulu video playback system, which includes ABR algorithm modules on multiple platforms (web/living room/mobile devices), high-availability services, and more.
- Contribute to the development of QoS measurement, QoS optimization algorithms, QoS issue alerting, and other innovations related.
- Collaborate with multiple teams and workforces to integrate optimizations across all components in the video system with the goal of improving playback QoS and driving up user engagement.
- Diagnose and tackle online issues; bring experience and findings into future system iteration.
- Follow and improve Engineering standards during development; ensure development efficiency and software quality via appealing design, efficient testing and accurate documentation.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor's/M.S degree in Computer Science or other related technical fields.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- Experience with backend service development, familiar with databases like Redis, Mysql, etc.
- Experience in building, maintaining and tuning high throughput and highly available systems.
- Clear communication, collaboration skills, and ability to build consensus with multiple partners.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English.
- Experience with backend frameworks/technologies like Spring Boot, Dubbo, Zookeeper, gRPC, Resillience4j, etc.
- Experience in video streaming and playback domain, such as ABR, DASH/HLS, CDN, TCP/IP, HTTP/2, QUIC, etc.
- Experience with industrial toolings, like Docker, AWS, ELK and etc.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.