Senior Software Development Lead - Marketing Intelligence
Beijing, - ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID oVncafwo Location Beijing, Beijing Municipality, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Nov. 10, 2020
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu's Marketing Intelligence team is seeking a Senior Software Development Lead who will be an outstanding addition to our Marketing Intelligence team. As a Senior Software Development Lead at Hulu, you will own the team to use industry-leading technologies building the deep understanding of Hulu's audience and bring the knowledge to marketing, advertising and engagement. Thus, provide a better experience to Hulu's viewer and benefit Hulu's business. The right person for this role is the one who can envision the technology what we need and always pursue the better way. If you are someone who chases applying the state of the art technology in real business and can always maintain a positive attitude to deliver project step by step, then this is a phenomenal role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build a team of big data and backend engineers to deliver high value projects
- Leading to develop, scale, and improve the data pipeline / analytics / service / user persona system
- Leading to develop and improve PB level OLAP query engine
- Balance architectural and design considerations such as performance, scalability, reusability and flexibility issues
- Advocate engineering best practices, including the use of design patterns, code review and automated unit/functional testing
- Collaborate with program managers, and product managers, researchers in an open, creative environment
- Recruit, Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members
- Communicate status to senior management
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS degree in CS related major
- 5+ years of professional programming and design experience in Scala/Java/Python and Linux
- Strong knowledge of Systems / Application Design and Architecture
- Experience with processing large amounts of data at petabyte level
- Experience of build industry level high available and scalable service
- Knowledge of Apache Hadoop ecosystem
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Experience on CRM / DMP / user persona related work
- Experience on building OLAP engine or distribution computation / storage system or source code level familiar with a distribution system
Additional Information:Data and Analytics
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.