Senior Technical Program Manager - Data (Contractor)
Beijing, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID omBJefwE Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Feb. 20, 2021
Job Summary:Hulu’s Data organization is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to help drive business-critical initiatives across the enterprise landscape. You will be responsible for defining, planning, and executing complex programs across Hulu’s data products,platforms, infrastructure and systems. Your primary goal will be to enable senior management, teams’ leadership, and individual contributors to achieve predictable planning, execution, and reporting quality with expertise in project tools and
appropriate methodologies. Key aspects of this role will be to establish goals, metrics, build program plans, coordinate third party vendors. You will work with governance, architecture, and quality organizations on policy implementation. By working with data engineers, other Technical Program Managers and Data Product Managers, you will help build data products and data infrastructure that allow valuable data to be translated into actionable insights and actions! In addition, this involves exposure and
engagement with owning cutting edge initiatives in areas of Enterprise Data, Analytics and A.I.
We are looking for you to thrive, and demonstrate success, in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. The right person for this role has a solid focus on understanding business expectations and requirements, likes to tackle problems, and is tenacious when developing and instituting new processes and influencing adoption across technology and business. Above all else, you are expected to lead the inevitable change over the lifecycle of a
project; lead with vision, plan with foresight, execute with precision, and handle change with grace.
What you’ll do
● Lead multiple cross-functional programs with multiple data engineering teams to deliver their products, and objectives in fast-paced and complex environment
● Develop strong partnerships with data engineering, data product management, data science and data analytics leaders to drive focus on strategic and tactical program objectives
● Drive teams and individuals in planning and executing roadmaps, releases, and programs
● Build strategic relationships with key technology and business leaders to ensure program success
● Lead efforts to identify risks, resolve key program conflicts, and establish appropriate resolution paths
● Create a collaborative work environment that cultivates shared understanding, transparency, mastery, autonomy, innovation and continuous learning
● Fill in gaps across roles and functions as needed, performing as an adaptive problem solver
● Develop and execute a change management and communication plan and engage with the stakeholders to report progress and raise issues
● Exhibit a high tolerance for context switching and interruptions while remaining productive and able to provide effective guidance
What to bring
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
● Minimum 7 years of experience in program management
● High sense of ownership and a focus on building fast without sacrificing quality
● Excellent communication skills in both English and Chinese
● Experience leading without authority and working (locally or remotely) with key stakeholders and peers
● Experience building broad, large-scale communications plans
● Love for Data and taking chaos and turning it into something actionable
● Knowledge of SDLC, data engineering, data modeling, data warehousing and big data platforms
● Working knowledge of modern program management, analysis, and reporting tools such as Trello, Jira, Confluence, and MS Office
● Experience in data engineering fields like digital marketing, audience management, personalization or big-data technologies; or with CRM tools (Salesforce, SAS).
● Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.