Software Developer - Ad Intelligence
Beijing, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID o1ICefwj Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Mar. 10, 2021
Viewer-first advertising is a strategic imperative for Hulu and Disney. The Beijing Ad Intelligence team’s mission is to transform advertising and Disney's Ad platform with data and AI across TV and streaming video. We build solutions to measure and optimize every aspect of advertising lifecycle. Our tenant is a strong cross-function team to deliver E2E solutions covering tech areas ranging from machine learning, bigdata, microservices to data applications. Our team is seeking a software developer who will be an outstanding addition and responsible for development of high-available and high-concurrent backend services or data solutions. The right person for this role should have experience on either full stack products, or microservices or bigdata. If you are someone who is proactive, hardworking, and enthusiastic in these domains, this is a phenomenal role for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build components of large scale data platform for real-time and batch processing, and own features of bigdata applications to fit evolving business needs
- Build next-gen high-scalable and high-available microservice engines for advertising targeting, decisioning and personalization
- Contribute to the best engineering practices, including the use of design patterns, CI/CD, code review and automated test
- Chip in ground-breaking innovation and apply the state-of-the-art technologies
- As a key member of the team, contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation and testing.
- Collaborate with program managers, product managers, SDET, and researchers in an open and innovative environment
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor in computer science or EE
- 4+ years of professional programming in Java, Scala, Python, and etc
- 3+ years of big data development experience with Spark, Flink, Druid, Snowflake, Kafka, Nifi or other AWS big data technologies
- Demonstrated ability with cloud infrastructure technologies, at least two of Terraform, K8S, Spinnaker, IAM, ALB, and etc.
- Experience in at least one widely used Web framework (React.js, Vue.js, Angular, etc.) and good knowledge of Web stack HTML, CSS, Webpack.
- Knowledge of system, application design and architecture
- Passion about technologies, and openness to interdisciplinary work
- Experience with processing large amount of data at petabyte level
- Experience with Click House, Impala, Presto, Redshift and etc.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.