Software Developer - Ad IntelligenceApply NowApply Later Job ID P007330-R0010555 Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Oct. 20, 2021
Viewer-first advertising is a strategic imperative for Hulu and Disney. The Beijing Ad Intelligence team's mission is to transform advertising and Disney's Ad platform with data and AI across TV and streaming video. We build solutions to measure and optimize every aspect of advertising lifecycle. Our tenant is a strong cross-function team to deliver E2E solutions covering tech areas ranging from machine learning, bigdata, microservices to data applications. Our team is seeking a senior software developer who will be a core team member for our newly-setup inventory forecasting workstream. This workstream is positioned to build high-available and high-concurrent industry-leading solution to drive inventory utilization efficiency and yield optimization for our advertising business. The right person for this role should be experienced on crafting implementation for either bigdata or microservices products. If you are someone who is proactive, inquisitive, and innovative in either these domains, this is a phenomenal role for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build core components of inventory forecasting platform for the addressable advertising platform to support real time campaign booking, reporting, pricing and offline analytics
- Collaborate with researchers to iterate the prediction and reservation algorithm and productize it at scale
- Contribute to the best engineering practices, including the use of design patterns, CI/CD, code review and automated test
- Chip in ground-breaking innovation and apply the state-of-the-art technologies
- As a key member of the team, contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation and testing.
- Collaborate with program managers, product managers, SDET, and researchers in an open and innovative environment
WHAT TO BRING
- MS or PhD in computer science or EE
- 4+ years of professional programming in Java, Scala, Python, and etc.
- 3+ years of bigdata design experience with technologies like Spark, Flink, Single Store, AWS bigdata or real time OLAP.
- Demonstrated ability with cloud infrastructure technologies, at least two of Terraform, K8S, Spinnaker, IAM, ALB, and etc.
- Experience in widely used Web framework (React.js, Vue.js, Angular, etc.) and good knowledge of Web stack HTML, CSS, or Webpack is a plus.
- In-depth experience of industry level highly available and scalable service
- Knowledge of system, application design and architecture
- Passion about technologies, and openness to interdisciplinary work
- Experience with processing large amount of data at petabyte level
- Experience with Single Store, Click House, Druid, Kafka and etc.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.