Software Developer - Backend (Media)
Beijing, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID oxseffwc Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Apr. 29, 2021
Hulu’s Media Engineering team is seeking a Software Developer with a passion for backend service development to join our team in Beijing. As a Software Developer at Hulu, you will work closely with multinational teams to make groundbreaking idea & technology into reality. The right person for this role should be a skilled developer, a hardworking and quick learner, and motivated to build software influencing hundreds of millions of users. If you are someone who loves software development in the media domain, then this is an ideal role for you
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Write robust code and defensive tests
- Improve the Video workflow including transcoding, packaging, and publishing; implement scalable and robust video processing pipelines
- Keep improving the solutions iteratively with agile practices
- Connect with peers and managers and present ideas clearly
- Collaborate with team to solve engineering problems in innovative ways
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of software development experience, and proficiency in Python, Java, Scala, or similar
- Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms
- Solid understanding of databases and microservices
- A desire to pursue a better way
- Proven experience of the well-defined software development process
- Fluent English in reading, writing, and speaking.
- Video streaming domain knowledge(DASH, HLS, MP4, etc.)
- Experience with AWS
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.