Software Developer - Recommendation
Beijing, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID oaS1ffw2 Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Jul. 13, 2021
Hulu’s Recommendation Serving team is seeking a backend engineer who will be an outstanding addition to the team. As a recommendation developer at Hulu, you will build and operate critical recommendation services with high scalability, flexibility to support Hulu's business needs. The right person for this role is a hardworking technology pioneer, a pragmatic problem solver, with a high bar for him/herself. If you are feeling passionate about improving business by applying professional technical capability, and someone who is not satisfied at just being an engineer, but also want to grow your career by improving diverse soft skills, then this is an excellent role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with product managers, project managers and researchers to deliver world-class recommendation experience to our end users;
- Continuously build, operate and improve algorithm empowered backend services;
- Engage and participate in building next generation of recommendation serving system for Disney Streaming Services;
- You should have a pragmatic spirit and love autonomy - long for the chance to create groundbreaking solutions to meaningful problems, willing to investigate, experiment rapidly and get things done.
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field;
- 4+ years of software engineering experience in high flexibility backend systems;
- Outstanding programming ability in one of the following languages: Java, Scala, Go, C++;
- Proven system design ability and OO thinking;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced in building recommendation systems;
- Experienced and knowledgable in AWS or developing cloud-native applications;
- Familiar with machine learning algorithms;
- Familiar with compiling systems and/or DSL.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.