Senior Software Developer - Frontend (Video Engineering)
Beijing, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID oh1Qffw7 Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Jun. 21, 2021
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Video Playback Engineering team you will help us push the boundaries of what is possible in streaming media. You’ll be part of a sophisticated worldwide team playing streaming media content on the latest web based devices.
We offer an outstanding opportunity for any technologist:
- To work with a world-class team of Engineers.
- To work on award-winning, sophisticated apps and systems.
- To work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- To have an influence on the innovation of streaming products used globally by millions.
- To elevate your career and to transform an industry.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Build our next generation of playback certification platform for all web-based devices.
Design, develop and enhance our various web playback application (standalone or client/server based) running on various platform: such PC, tablet, embedded web device, smart TV, etc ...
Maintain a strong understanding of our native streaming media engine to identify, research and address issues as they arise.
Explore Digital Rights Management (DRM) capabilities and ability to access OS and decryption libraries.
Explore streaming pipeline and understand how videos & audio are delivered and rendered on the device.
Collaborate with various playback specialized teams in China and in the US.
Maintain software best practices, documentation, make sure designs meet requirements, ensure quality and health of the code base.
WHAT TO BRING
- 7+ years of experience as a developer, with strong programming skills and problem solving ability.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, fluent English both written and oral.
- Passion to build software, desire to be an individual contributor in a multi-developer, geographically diverse environment.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
STREAMING MEDIA TECHNOLOGIES
The following streaming media technologies are used, knowledge of these technologies is helpful, but not required:
- Embedded operating systems.
- Codecs AVC, HEVC, AAC, EAC3.
- Adaptive Bitrate Streaming Algorithms.
- Media containers ISOBMFF / CMAF.
- Caption and subtitle formats WebVTT, 608 / 708.
- HTTP Live Streaming (HLS).
- DRM, common encryption, and CDM vendors Widevine and PlayReady.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.