Software Development in Test - Marketing Intelligence(Contractor)
Beijing, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID oOYYefwI Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Mar. 18, 2021
Marketing Intelligence Team(MI) at Hulu Beijing belongs to the Data org, under the lead of CDO. The main focus of MI is providing data and operation support for the Marketing team in both Hulu to enable user growth and campaigns. Daily jobs including:- Building and maintaining data warehouse and data mart;- Building ETL data pipelines;- Support long term and ad-hoc marketing events. We work closely with marketing teams, data science teams, analytics teams and dev teams across the company. Now, we are seeking a passionate SDET, who will play a meaningful role in our data-driven testing process and build a robust, automated framework for validating complicated, large datasets and models. The right person must not only be able to build and execute test cases but also to collaborate directly with the developers and technical program managers to ensure quick, effective communication of issues and test results. This is an outstanding opportunity to have a meaningful impact on the DEV process and culture, as well as the products we release.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own the quality of every release into production with a data-driven approach
- Design, implement and execute manual and automated test cases
- Help establish quality metrics for the team and help the team reach the goals
- Work with the data quality team to manage data quality of all the data assets
- Document and enforce best practices in both the dev teams
- Design, develop and deploy scalable and maintainable automated-testing frameworks; select the best tools; and own responsibility for overall test strategy and implementation
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to discover reoccurrences.
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS degree in CS related major
- Experience in Big Data testing (e.g. pipelines and/or ETL processes) including expertise in but not limited to Hive, Spark, Presto, MapReduce, Kafka, HBase.
- Strong SQL skills. HiveQL experience is a big plus
- Expertise in Python,or scripts. Java/Scala will be a big plus
- Experience designing test automation in a continuous integration/deployment environment
- Knowledge of QA methodology and test/defect management tools
- Effective communication and critiquing skills
- Good reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Relational Databases (e. g. Oracle, MySQL) and/or NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience in AWS components including but not limited to Redshift, Lambda, EC2, S3, Athena
- Good experience in data analytics, data engineering, data modeling, data warehousing, and big data platform
- Relevant experience in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.