Technical Program Manager - Ad IntelligenceApply NowApply Later Job ID PTG - TPM Ads Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Nov. 25, 2021
Viewer-first advertising is a strategic imperative for Hulu and Disney. The Beijing Ad Intelligence team's mission is to transform advertising and Disney's Ad platform with data and AI across TV and streaming video. We build services, data platforms, and optimization engines for every aspect of the advertising life cycle. Our tenant is a strong cross-functional team to deliver E2E solutions covering tech spectrums ranging from machine learning, big data, microservices to data applications. Our team is seeking a Technical Program Manager who will be an outstanding addition and manage programs across engineering, functions, and geographies. The right person for this role should be a specialist for professional program management with solid business discernment, technical curiosity and a data-driven mindset. If you are proactive, inquisitive, and innovative in either of these domains, this is a perfect role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Distill product requirements into impactful items for the engineering teams, partner with engineering teams on planning and e2e execution
- Coordinate projects across regions and functions and drive consensus
- Own program schedule, improve schedule predictability and drive on-time delivery.
- Manage concurrent projects with shifting and contending priorities
- Consolidate updates from engineering teams, and report status to senior leadership and partners
- Facilitate agile ceremonies, velocity tracking, and team intake management to improve Scrum team operation efficiency
- Build healthy working model with sales, and support engineering, product management, and analytics leaders to drive focus on execution
WHAT TO BRING
- MS in computer science or EE
- 3+ years of software program management experience
- 3+ years for Agile software development
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of tech and non-tech partners
- Strong analytical skills and tendency to answer questions with data
- Passion about technology, openness to interdisciplinary work, and being inspired for opportunities to build ground-breaking solutions
- Quality first demeanor, loving autonomy, and being able to operate optimally in ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to influence without authority to deliver solutions in a sophisticated and always-changing environment
- Proficiency in both written and verbal communication in English
- Experience in digital video advertising or digital marketing domain
- Experience as a product manager or a software engineer
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.