Technical Program Manager - Quality, Targeting & Experience
Beijing, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID PTG - TPM QTE Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Oct. 08, 2021
The Media Engineering team is seeking a Technical Project Manager for the Quality, Targeting & Experience (QTE) group. The group’s charter is to build software solutions that understand our media and delivery options and capabilities at a granular level in order to bring users the most optimal experience. The QTE group’s work directly influences the selection, stability and quality of media experience delivered to customers for our products and champions the value of quality of experience, telemetry collection and analysis in media selection criteria.
The person in this role will help lead technical teams to build operational tools and interfaces that enable users to influence how media is targeted for the best user experience given changing network conditions around the globe. This role provides a unique opportunity for someone to join a growing, data-driven team building critical path software that makes a difference in how users experience media on Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead team Scrum ceremonies and provide Agile guidance
- Collaborate with engineering leads to author and understand JIRA tickets, own and represent the bigger picture for engineering in the context of projects
- Triage and troubleshoot issues in the video delivery space
- Manage multiple resources on complex, high profile projects for the QTE team
- Develop, maintain and effectively execute software development iterations throughout the life of project(s)
- Collaborate with engineering leads and QTE project managers to maintain and evolve team roadmap
- Plan and own internal and external project communications, ensuring effective, regular, exchange of project status and results.
- Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks to internal and external partners.
- Lead technical feasibility, implementation approach, deployment strategies, and QA efforts within team
- Collaborate with project partners to help define scope and objectives, communicating requirements to development teams
- Work with engineering leads to identify and plan for technical advancements and improvements to software for the long term while delivering major projects
- Continue to improve project management process, communication protocols, and operational procedures related to effective, on-time and to-scope software delivery.
- Work closely with internal business, product and client management teams to effectively communicate technical goals, advancements and risks.
WHAT TO BRING
- BA or BS or equivalent experience demonstrating a strong understanding of software development and infrastructure
- 3+ years of Technical Project Management experience in a related industry
- Demonstrated sole ownership as a project manager of software engineering projects
- You have demonstrable experience defining and refining process
- In depth knowledge and practical experience with the software development life cycle
- You're practical and personable, with a succinct communication style
- Ability to function as a liaison with operations and engineering teams
- Experience running multiple concurrent projects of moderate to high technical complexity
- Ability to work in a dynamic, 24x7 availability environment
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, object oriented development, build processes, change control and release management
- Experience with operational tools and an eye for practical, logical UX
- Experience with CDNs and distribution strategies for delivering streaming video at scale
- Familiarity with streaming video protocols (HLS, CMAF, DASH)
- Experience with global and remote teams
- The ability to thrive in a greenfield technical space, experience rallying teams to meet challenges head on with excitement!
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.