Engineering Manager - Data Engineering - BackendApply Now Apply Later Job ID ca5ed9ee-20bd-4451-b02e-21cf4bd2a54a Location Bengaluru, India / Gurgaon, India / Mumbai, India / Hyderabad, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Mar. 21, 2022
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will work closely with Software Engineers & ML engineers to build data infrastructure that fuels the needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- You will automate manual processes, optimize data-delivery and build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data required for a wide variety of use-cases using SQL/Spark.
- You will build stream processing pipelines and tools to support a vast variety of analytics and audit use-cases.
- You will continuously evaluate relevant technologies, influence and drive architecture and design discussions.
- You will work in cross-functional team and collaborate with peers during entire SDLC
What to Bring
- BE/B.Tech/BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field (ideal).
- Led a team in the past.
- Minimum 6 years of work experience building data infrastructure and BI systems.
- Strong Java skills Experience in either Go or Python (plus to have) Experience in Apache Spark, Hadoop, FlinkStrong understanding of database and storage fundamentals.
- Experience with the AWS stack Ability to create data-flow design and write complex SQL / Spark based transformations.
- Experience working on real time streaming data pipelines using Spark Streaming or Flink.
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.