Senior Executive - Ad Sales, Star BharatApply NowApply Later Job ID 10050438 Location Bengaluru, India Business Disney Star Date posted May 30, 2023
About the Role:
This is a revenue generation role where the incumbent will be responsible to sell our advertising solutions to media agencies and
marketeers for Star Bharat. The position holder will be responsible for maintaining relationships with a designated set of key
strategic accounts and identifying new accounts to maximize revenue from them through sale of commercial time and branded
Strategic / Policy related KRAs
• Develop a thorough understanding of the product, its strengths, positioning, content etc. to be leveraged for pitch impact and effectiveness
• Develop a thorough understanding of the industries/categories being serviced as well as unique marketing challenges being faced at each client organization
• Network, engage with and build strong relationships across levels at client as well as agency organizations to understand business trends, have direct visibility on upcoming campaigns and revenue potential
• Demonstrate thought partnership through a comprehensive understanding of the client and agency organization, their marketing needs, campaign efficiency metrices etc.
• Build a strategy to derive maximum revenue for your accounts
Operational / Process / Technology related KRAs
• Create, negotiate and close deals that maximize price/market share and deliver on the client’s and agency’s marketing objectives and expectations.
• Map competition (Sales strategy/Programs/Clients) and use market intelligence to develop strategies to maximize market share
• Deliver maximum value on deals by collaborating with cross-functional teams across the organization (PRS, Operations) and taking complete ownership of deal execution, client servicing and post evaluations of campaigns
• Act as an ‘Account Manager’ rather than a ‘Seller’ by providing dedicated account management to develop and nurture strong long-term relationships with key accounts.
• Business development to identify new clients
Financial Accountability / Commercial Impact
• Accurate monthly revenue projections
• Meet or exceed monthly/quarterly/annual quotas
• Achievement of CPRP benchmarks and high market share
• Continuously identify opportunities for additional revenue sources through non FCT avenues – Brand Solutions
• Continuously strive to identify opportunities to maximise revenue opportunities
• MBA degree holder with 2+ years of sales experience
• Business acumen
• Networking and relationship building
• Learning agility
• Analytical thinking
• Result orientation
About Disney Star:
Star India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and is the country’s leading media conglomerate, reaching more than 750 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries.
Disney Star’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels,
reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India.
The Star Sports network is the leading sports network with 14+ channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become
a multi-sporting nation.
Disney+ Hotstar India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar
offers more than 100,000 hours of TV shows and movies in eight languages, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL.
The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Star Studios. Star Studios is responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country.
About Disney Star:
Star has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Star India Pvt Ltd (SIPL), which is part of a business we call Disney Star.