Senior Producer - Programming Fiction, Star SuvarnaApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10079668 Location Bengaluru, India Business The Walt Disney Company (India) Date posted Feb. 08, 2024
About the Role:
We serve high quality content to millions of customers across millions of devices, all of which are constantly evolving and changing. As we increase our scale, we plan to add to our existing user base through highly personalized and targeted marketing initiatives.
We are looking for a Cluster Head who will be responsible for the creative output of the assigned fiction programming, along with mentoring the team and the associated creative processes while innovating and engaging promotional concepts and scripts in Kannada. The ability to craft compelling narratives is integral to capturing audience attention.
• To create engaging fiction content for consumers thereby building channel viewership by actively engaging in all stages of fiction content development – from ideation to execution for the assigned shows/ time slots.
• To ensure that Fiction programming is unique and ahead of competition.
• To ensure consistent high quality of creative and production.
• To ensure ideas, stories & scripts are reviewed and ready ahead of time and in sync with the programming strategy. Inputs to screenplay for stories, create gimmicks, festival specials, and high points in the show.
• Develop fiction stories for new shows, and new story tracks for existing fiction shows.
• To keenly analyse, understand & share consumer insights with leadership and/ or team and use the insights to guide programming decisions.
• Content ideation and collaboration with the team to generate fresh and innovative content ideas for fiction programming.
• Proofreading and Editing. Review and edit scripts for clarity, consistency, and grammar, ensuring the highest quality of content is delivered.
• Adapt content as needed to meet specific requirements, including time constraints and production limitations.
• Must be in-sync with the latest communication models, concepts, practices to ensure the content remains contemporary and impactful.
• Consume content across TV, Digital and movies and collaborate with Fiction
cluster heads and executive producers.
• To maintain healthy relationships with internal network team & Production houses.
• Stay ahead of competition by gaining insights and propose changes in the assigned shows, as needed, to edge over competition.
• To closely monitor and drive the assigned shows to slot leadership, market share and/or agreed TVRs.
• Usage of storytelling techniques and emotional appeal to connect with
• Get the shows to leadership position and continue to lead.
• Timely Execution and meeting show deadlines.
• Break the template of the tried and tested storytelling format.
• Shows viewership in terms of time spent relative market share and reach.
• Consumer insights incorporated into shows.
• Story/screenplay writers with Kannada language proficiency (read, write, and speak)
• Candidates from the TV/Broadcast/OTT industry will be preferred.
• Candidates with minimum 6-10 years of work experience in visual media, channel, or production house. GEC experience will be an added advantage.
• Graduate and/ or P.G. in Mass Communication, Film & TV ProductionAny course in writing/visual media will be an added advantage.
• Individuals with basic computer knowledge, familiarity with other General Entertainment Channel (GEC) shows, the ability to prepare comprehensive research documents, extensive reading habits.
• Understand and analyze BARC ratings and make content changes to impact viewership.
• Strong ideation, storytelling, creative and evaluation skills
• Good command over Kannada language and culture.
• Knowledge of TV Production.
• Created and/or led highly successful fiction properties and proven team player
• Challenger attitude - Never settle for less and willing to take risks.
• Excellent communication, persuasion & negotiation skills.
• Excellent Problem solving & decision-making skills.
About The Walt Disney Company (India):
Star India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching more than 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Star India Pvt Ltd (SIPL), which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (India).