Senior Software Development Engineer (Backend)- International & GrowthApply Now Apply Later Job ID 99e77d98-1417-4af2-a153-6881e5d5473e Location Remote Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted May. 11, 2022
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will build robust secure and scalable micro-services to power Hotstar applications
- You will be responsible to implement RESTful services with a metric-driven API Gateway
- You will ensure sub-second server response and will be responsible to implement relational, document, key, object or graph data-stores, index stores and messaging stores as needed
- You will take ownership to run and maintain Cloud infrastructure
- You will continuously evaluate relevant technologies, influence and drive architecture and design discussions
What to Bring
- B.Tech/B.E. in Computer Science from a reputed college or related technical discipline with
- 6-8 years of experience in software development with strong expertise in Java
- Experience with micro web frameworks – like Play, Spring MVC, Node js, reactive programming
- Exposure in building RESTful APIs with monitoring, fault tolerance, and metrics (with something like Hystrix)
- Experience with MySQL, NoSQL (Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Experience in server-side services using ElasticSearch and Kafka
- Experience in JEE, Spring, Hibernate
- Experience with AWS stack
- High adaptability in a dynamic start-up environment
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Star India Private Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.