Software Development Engineer Test IIApply Now Apply Later Job ID 201e656f-a46d-4752-961e-b8c3e8b912e3 Location Bengaluru, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Feb. 22, 2024
- You will build highly scalable test frameworks, systems, and infrastructure that can scale to thousands of tests per day
- You will contribute to making tests automation results supremely reliable and trustable to the extent of enabling hands-free releases
- You will contribute in an individual capacity to deliver innovative solutions to complex test automation challenges
- You will work closely with Product, UX, and Development teams to execute and deliver with high quality on the vision, and roadmap to develop discovery experiences across Mobile, Web, and Living Room devices. These experiences have to be highly performant, personalized, engaging and relevant to potentially 300+ million users
- You will collaborate with stakeholders from across functions to keep the Quality team in sync with all functions and overall business objectives
- You will guide your peers in developing Quality Engineering roadmaps and test systems to drive product quality, then identify, plan, and execute projects to support the Quality goals
- You will be part of the CEX Org QE team, where the CEX Discovery team of 50+ engineers across Home and Details UX, Personalization, and Search, enabling customers in multiple countries to discover content across the thousands of titles available in various genres and languages
Skills & Attributes for success
- Excellent automation skills for Front end client applications like Mobile, TVs, Set Top Boxes or Living Room devices
- Good understanding of the REST APIs, request-response structures, error and status codes
- Good Knowledge of SQL and DB scripting
- Should have worked more on developing backend tools or frameworks to test Rest APIs, microservices, data migration, failover scenarios, blue green or canary deployment procedures
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD principlesStrong understanding of Shift Left principles
- Ability to build distributed system for performance and scale testing
- Experience in working or testing within a distributed heterogeneous microservices architecture
- Hands on with caches, such as Aeropsike, DynamoDB, Elastic Search, Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka
- Experience with Amazon AWS or similar cloud providers
- Experience in industry best practices in SW development processes: Unit testing, OOPS, design, code reviews etc.
- Hands on with linux commands and shell scripts
- Good knowledge on building and publishing POCs
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.