Already applied?View Dashboard
Multiplatform contentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 577319BR Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Business ESPN Date posted Jul. 23, 2018
India Editor, ESPNcricinfo will be responsible for all the match-related and new content for ESPNcricinfo for Indian cricket, not only our biggest market, but our biggest global audience base He will look after the day-to-day management of mainstream content and his job will include assigning video pieces that feed news or match-related stories. He will be in charge all the Indian writers and will be the critical link with the video production team. He will also coordinate with the copydesk, the global editorial teams and the multi-platform desk.
Lead content initiatives for emerging audiences on multiple platforms
• Work closely with the business development team to develop off-platform strategies
• Work towards delivering targets we set from time to time on social media engagement and audience growth
• Help develop new story-telling methods to make content more appealing to emerging audiences and casual fans
• Work with external partners when required to extend the reach our websites and content
• Work closely with all the content teams – video, news-desk, stats-desk correspondents and other social media teams from across the regions
Basic Qualifications:Qualification & Experience :
A graduate degree from a recognized university
Preferred Qualifications:Other Skills:
Understanding of the digital content landscape
• Understanding of content consumption patterns among young fans
• Leadership skills
• Knowledge of the game
• Good language and communication skills
• Creative thinking
• Ability to think visually
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Digital Media (India) Private Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.