Sr Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 854751BR Location Bengaluru, India Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 06, 2021
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with local and remote technology teams across the globe.
- Be hands-on to build and support robust, secure, scalable, and efficient backend API-based services to integrate systems in the media supply chain.
- Work with engineering peers, product and project managers in agile-based work scheduling including sprint planning, sizing and retrospectives.
- Gain deep understanding of new technologies quickly, and where appropriate educate the team in best practices for their use.
- Ensure created services are sustainable and operationally fit for purpose, with appropriate documentation and test coverage.
- Mentor junior team members to develop their technical capabilities.
- Work with the team to iteratively improve development practices and processes.
- Perform code reviews and provide technical guidance and recommendations to the team.
- Analyze and resolve complex engineering problems.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
|Summarize job responsibilities, core deliverables and major duties. What is required for the position to exist?|
|Focus on major areas of work, typically 20% or more of role||% of Time|
|Hands-on software development||60|
|Hands-on platform operational support||30|
|Technical guidance and mentoring of team members||10|
Basic Qualifications:Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- 7+ years of experience in the field of software engineering, web development or equivalent experience.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Excellent programming skills and strong knowledge of the Java platform, including frameworks and libraries (e.g. Spring, Spring Boot)
- Good understanding of scalable web architecture concepts.
- Good understanding of how to write and maintain a resourceful API using concepts such as REST, and how to secure them behind authentication and authorization gates.
- Experience with developing for cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with full software development lifecycle and common best practices like unit testing, collaborative version control flows, and continuous integration.
- Self-starter with an interest in industry trends and a passion for innovation and raising the bar.
- BE/BS/MCA/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent technical degree.
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL datastores.
- Experience working with development teams across multiple regions, time zones and cultures.
- Experience with continuous integration services (TeamCity, Jenkins, or Gitlab CI).
- Experience developing infrastructure as code (CloudFormation or Terraform).
- Experience documenting and diagramming technical information.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Digital Media (India) Private Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.