Staff Engineer AWSApply NowApply Later Job ID a346e149-8782-4c17-90bc-7998950ac681 Location Bengaluru, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted May 02, 2023
What is the scope & responsibility of the Role?
- You will be responsible for infrastructure management and evolution across the organization including setting the bar for production-grade standards
- You will evaluate and evolve the compute platform and ingress technologies based on organizational needs and steer the organization toward their adoption and usage
- You will set the standard for Infra code organization and design with an eye towards extensibility and future readiness
- You will set the hardware and performance benchmarks to provide a robust and performant platform.
- You will provide guidance for and solve architectural problems that individual functional teams have for their bespoke use cases
- You will enforce organizational changes by being a champion for quality and consistency
- You will work with various stakeholders to align teams toward a solution
Skills/Strength of an Ideal Candidate
- At least 3+ years experience in the container orchestration space
- Expertise with Kubernetes and exposure to tools of the cloud-native ecosystem
- Expertise with programming using a high-level language - including design principles and writing idiomatic code
- Experience with Infrastructure Platform Principles and solutioning using automation
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms, specifically with managing multiple accounts and geographies
- Experience with an IaC tool - including managing it at the scale of an organization with multiple teams
- Experience with Networking and Linux - including protocols, sniffing and network design
- Experience in writing good documentation - with an emphasis on clarity and concision
- Leadership experience in building consensus for proposed architectural solutions
- Mentoring experience in augmenting and enabling learning opportunities for junior team members
Ideal Education & Experience
- B.Tech/B.E/ Masters. in Computer Science from a reputed college or related technical discipline with 7+ years of experience in infrastructure and automation
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.