Staff Software Development Engineer - Video | RemoteApply NowApply Later Job ID bbf74e9f-29a8-40bb-9b9e-bfc356c14ba5 Location Gurgaon, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Nov. 17, 2023
- You will be the functional lead in the domain and operate independently within the scope of the domain
- You will follow best practices, set best practices for your team and ensure adoption of the same
- You will apply the tech and domain knowledge within the scope of your domain, also have knowledge of how surrounding systems work and use them to solve complex problems at scale
- You will build HLD, LLD involving multiple systems
- You will work with critical stakeholders such as product managers, architects, senior engineers across the organisation and derive consensus on solution approaches
- You will break down the complex problems into incremental deliveries in larger projects
- You will prioritise the work effectively and ensure backlogs are updated regularly
- You will participate in team on-call activities and identify repeat patterns and take action against to fix the root cause and ensure that there is proper documentation, visibility, reliability of things you own
- You will mentor Junior engineers and participate in hiring the top talents
Skills & Attributes for success
- Proficient in Python / Golang
- Prior experience building high scale distributed systems.
- Experience in designing and building low latency and high scale Microservices
- Proficient with code versioning tools such as Github
- Prior experience in making datastores choices and proficient in any one of RDBMS, NoSQL data stores such as MySQL, Mongodb, Redis.
- Prior experience building Asynchronous systems using Kafka/ Message brokers.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in CI/CD tools such as Hareness/GoCD
- Experience in setting up and leading observability aspects of the Microservices to monitor and to find systemic issues proactively.
Preferred Education & Experience
- B.Tech/B.E/ Masters. in Computer Science from a reputed college or related technical discipline with 5+ years of experience in Backend software development
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.