Tech Lead - IT EngineeringApply Now Apply Later Job ID 0f4bdd69-b761-4fcb-b40d-b2c66e180444 Location Bengaluru, India / Gurgaon, India / Mumbai, India / Hyderabad, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Apr. 14, 2022
What is the scope & responsibility of the Role?
- Delegate duties and tasks within the IT department.
- Review completed tasks to ascertain compliance with standards.
- Monitor all team members and provide necessary advice and guidance.
- Perform periodic risk assessments and initiate risk control strategies.
- Coach all team members and motivate them to produce desired results.
- Organize regular seminars and training to teach team members new techniques and methods.
- Keep up with trends in the constantly evolving information technology industry.
- Perform regular IT audit to discover areas of weaknesses and fortify them.
- Work alongside other departments to achieve company goals and visions
- .Write and forward regular reports to the management.
- Provide solutions to any complex IT-related challenges in the organization.
- Perform regular appraisal of team members’ performance and devise strategies to help with improvement.
- Carry out in-depth research to reveal new and better methods of handling functions within the department.
- Own technical projects and initiatives that are related to Corp office, across Hub offices
- Responsible for setting up and running industry best End User Computing solutions
- Define baselines and standards for Corp OS fleet, Systems, and Configuration Management,
- Write and enhance Corp IT policies in collaboration with other departments and under the supervision of the IT Manager.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
What is the ideal growth path for this Role?
- The candidate will grow into a Manager/IC role based on his/her aspiration. As a people’s manager you will manage a brilliant team overlooking all the projects, building, strengthening, and guiding team OR as an individual contributor you will own, design, and build sophisticated systems for the organization mentoring teams technically.
Skills/Strength of an Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Experience with scripting and automation skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.)Familiar with Application Program Interface (API)Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities and a good understanding of OS platforms like Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Deep knowledge in running/managing DNS, DHCP, and standard TCP/IP Services and Applications in an Enterprise environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects.
- Proven ability to identify research and resolve systems problems in a timely manner.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Good project management skillsGood understanding of Identity and Access Management and SSO ( Eg Azure AD, Okta)Good understanding of MDM solutions like Intune, Airwatch, or Jamf.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills and experience
- Must be able to evaluate technologies, develop strategies and deliver presentations to IT management.
- Self-motivated, proactive, a team player, well-spoken self-starter: able to manage multiple tasks efficiently for on-time delivery.
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software, and system management tools
- 8-10 years of total experience and 6-8 years of relevant experience with the above skill-set
Good to Have Skills
- Cloud Platforms knowledge: AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP, and Google Suite/Office 365
- Experience with virtualization and containerization
- Knowledge of network topologies & WiFi
- Experience in Configuring & managing Network Switches, Routers Firewalls, Remote access & Site-to-Site VPN
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.