Manager, SalesApply NowApply Later Job ID 885441BR Location Bentonville, Arkansas, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 03, 2021
The Manager, Sales will oversee the sell-in and management of our wholesale product lines to Walmart and Sam's Club—both brick & mortar and ecommerce, working with internal partners including our DCPG Wholesale team along with our retail sales and marketing teams to execute. This position will report to the Director of Sales, Walmart US.
- Develop and implement retail account strategies that secure placement of Disney wholesale product at Walmart and Sam's Club.
- Collaboration on the development of annual business plans to ensure successful placement and retail sales.
- Use Walmart / Sam's Club knowledge to provide Disney wholesale product and marketing teams with specific feedback on how to grow our business at Walmart & Sam's Club.
- Identify trends within account base
- Work with internal retail marketing department to identify and develop marketing programs and plans reflective of accounts needs to increase sales
- Prepare for and conduct regular retail buyer meetings, product/program pitches and post-analysis to ensure that the Disney brands and franchises receive prominent placement and support at assigned retail accounts
- Partner with internal wholesale team including assortment planning, forecasting and supply chain to ensure product and sales deliverables are achieved.
- Collaborate with local Disney team members to maximize joint and cross-category placement opportunities across licensed products, Home Entertainment, Publishing & Games.
- Assist in the development and presentation of semi-annual Joint Business Plans
- Be an expert in market, industry, competitor and retailer trends and share expertise and insights with internal partners as appropriate
Basic Qualifications:You Have:
- 5+ years experience with Walmart and Sam's Club
- Experience with retail sales and retail marketing strategies, brand and property positioning
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, relationship building skills
- Strong leadership skills, flexible/adaptable and able to collaborate and influence at all levels of an organization
- Capable of working independently and managing a variety of initiatives/issues simultaneously, within a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of business and financial concepts
- Experienced in Walmart systems:
- Retail Link
- Omni-Channel item set up, item file & data
- Order management and logistics
- Key event planning & forecasting
- SQEP Requirements & processes
- Strategic planning and business management:
- Sales forecasting and planning
- P&L analysis
- Additional skills:
- Category management
- Site merchandising
- Promotional planning
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.