Ad Platforms Linear Solutions Engineer
Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 773774BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 18, 2021
Job Summary:DMED Ad Platforms is responsible for delivering global adverting technology solutions for Disney’s Linear and Addressable channels, brands and streaming services. With unmatched scale, premium content and innovative capabilities, DMED Ad Platforms is a market leader in advertising. We build and maintain proprietary technology, ranging from ad serving and ad delivery, campaign management, reporting as well as all the integrations internal and external that come with evolving and maintaining a best-in-class video advertising business.
As an Ad Platform Linear Solutions Engineer supporting the Ad Platform technology team at DMED Ad Platforms, you are part of a high performing team redefining TV advertising. We are looking for an experienced technical Linear Solutions Engineer who would be responsible for Linear ad serving system administration and support. We are seeking a candidate who has proven technical skills, a sense of urgency, experience with critical service operations and the ability to problem-solve in high volume, production environments. The team is fast moving and requires you to translate technology solutions into business impact, while efficiently working with ad operations, sales, engineering, Development and product management. For this particular role, you should be well versed in ad serving tools & systems, including EDI Transmissions, Oracle Databases, API Integrations and PL/SQL query/script writing among others. You will be responsible for the support and administration of our ad-serving systems, including troubleshooting, configuration and testing.
- L2 support work interacting with users for Production issues. Position entails emphasis on technical trouble shooting & problem resolution. Responsible for communication to our business partners on ticket related questions, issues or information.
- Guide the technical recovery of major system outages, interfacing with numerous stakeholders including external vendors or outsourced service delivery teams. Escalate issues and seek advice from Level 3/development team on complex issues or problems in a timely manner.
- L2 Project work developing enhancements and tools creation. Identifies and analyzes application trends and takes appropriate action to address and/or resolve. Works to reduce overall ticket counts for Application Support through projects established by recurring problems.
- Meets & Communicates regularly with Development areas to follow up on tickets assigned to development, identify recurring problems and establish training for upcoming releases.
- Providing training & documentation to Tier 1 and user communities. A continual contributor to the Application support Knowledgebase.
- Maintain internal and external controls to ensure proper governance, security and quality of data assets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, relevant technical field, or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of experience in ad technology, operations or support, preferably with focus in advertising technology.
- Working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server).
- Experience writing and debugging complex SQL queries.
- Previous work experience with UNIX (Solaris, AIX, Linux) or Microsoft Windows system administration.
- Experience supporting multiple products in an agile software development environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work assignments and to focus on the highest priority issues.
- Proven understanding of systems architecture, design, and implementation.
- Strong analytical skills and passionate about answering questions with data.
- Have a do what it takes attitude. Be flexible, adaptable and a team-player first.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging ITIL or other service management methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Needs to demonstrate the ability to build consensus and support from the IT organization on the solutions being proposed.
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) for related business processes and will be accountable for identifying and mitigating risks to the service delivery and proactively addressing issues before they impact service levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, able to articulate complex ideas in succinct, business terms without the use of technical jargon.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.