Associate Designer, Motion GraphicsApply NowApply Later Job ID 791803BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jun. 23, 2021
- Collaborates with design to concept complex layouts across breakpoints
- Utilizes Adobe software to create designs and animations for ESPN productions.
- Creates and develops graphics for studio shows and remote events
- Prepares image files for programs and maintains ESPN Image Management System (IMS).
- Proactively collaborates within the ESPN Creative Services group to contribute on longer-term initiatives.
- Demonstrates eagerness to regularly contribute creative ideas, desire to push designs to the next level, and aptitude to learn new software to enhance individual versatility in the department.
- Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
- Recognizes, reports, and helps troubleshoot equipment/software/work environment issues.
- Adheres to all administrative responsibilities, including time entry and daily reporting requirements.
- Participates in at least 32 hours of supplemental training/shadowing each year to promote personal growth and understanding of other ESPN departments and workflows.
- Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
- Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and regularly effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
- Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
- Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
- Strong hands-on Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing creativity, design and type layout skills.
- Must work flexible hours (days of the week, nights, weekends and holidays) and may be required to travel, as assignments or training necessitate.
- Must have reliable transportation to work.
- Hands-on experience with Adobe After Effects
- Passion for sports and a desire to create visually appealing imagery to enhance ESPN programming.
- Familiarity with ESPN programming and family of networks
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in design or related field.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.