Associate Director Ad Product ManagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 525745BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Media Networks Brand ESPN Date posted May. 25, 2018
Job Summary:The Associate Director, Ad Product Management role is charged with driving product innovation and execution in support of ESPN’s company strategy and objectives. The successful candidate has a demonstrable track record of successfully conceptualizing, launching and managing high quality ad products in a consumer oriented company and must possess a strong data-driven mindset.
The right candidate must be able to set and articulate a strong ads product vision that aligns with business objectives, and execute the plan to perfection in partnership with Consumer Data, Sales, Product, Design, Engineering, Content, and Marketing. This role will be a driver in ideating on new ad product concepts, communicating these concepts across the product organization and partner organizations within ESPN, and driving the execution of these products. The right candidate must be a self-motivated, team player who can contribute to the overall business objectives of the organization.
- Leads product definition and planning for initiatives and actively manage issues, risks and cross-functional communication
- Collaborate with various internal teams to define and implement features that further our advertisers and our own business interests
- Identify, evaluate and make a final decision on potential technology vendors and be a key voice in discussions and processes related to ad tech.
- Strategically plan product functionality and goals across launch, iteration, and future roadmaps, while balancing core elements need in launch vs. updates
- Evaluate and execute on new market opportunities
- Manages and mentors junior leaders within the organization
- 8+ years of work experience with deep product experience and expertise as product manager / owner
- 3+ years of work experience in digital ads
- Must have proven product management skill and a demonstrable track record of launching successful innovative consumer-facing products and services.
- Excellent, experience- based understanding of great user experience
- Results-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Highly motivated strategic thinker
- Terrific creative product vision and care
- At least 2 years of personnel management experience preferred
- Product management experience in video or mobile preferred
- BA / BS or equivalent experience
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.