Associate Editor Fantasy and Sports BettingApply NowApply Later Job ID 851785BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Oct. 13, 2021
We may be open to an alternate location (CA).
- Work to bring a distinctive, compelling and authentic voice to all Digital & Print products, primarily the ESPN fantasy and sports betting space.
- Assign and edit stories for journalistic accuracy, audience relevance and tone, including real-time decision-making at various stages of content development.
- Discover and create content that is optimized for off-platform distribution.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to make content compelling and comprehensive.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in editorial and content creation.
- Advanced understanding of fantasy sports (NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL) and the content that best serves the audience that plays these games.
- Advanced understanding of sports betting (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, college football and college basketball chief among them) and the content that best serves the sports-betting audience.
- Proficiency in editing copy for accuracy and clarity.
- Understanding and appreciation of news and reporting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and news judgment.
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
- Appreciation for and understanding of other sports beyond those already listed.
- Skilled with basic data software such as spreadsheets
- Skilled in interpreting and applying data to decision-making.
- Appreciation of popular culture and contributes to an understanding of the tastes of ESPN’s audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Media or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Journalism, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field.
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.