Associate Editorial Graphics ProducerApply NowApply Later Job ID 866313BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Sep. 30, 2021
The Editorial Graphics team is a diverse group within Production that is responsible for producing graphics content on various ESPN studio and digital programming. These programs include, but are not limited to, ESPN’s flagship program SportsCenter, daily and weekly NFL programming, SportsNation, First Take, Get Up and seasonal College Football Studio Production.
- Responsible for the creation or supervising the creation of written content, visual content and statistics under tight deadlines in a live broadcast environment.
- Shape and enhance storylines using superior editorial judgment and clear, concise written content.
- Check and proof graphics for grammar, spelling, clarity and impact under tight deadlines during live productions.
- Communicate effectively and clearly across the production, editorial and technology departments to ensure the highest levels of execution and best on-air product.
- Responsible to uphold the strongest levels of creativity and news judgment regarding content covered.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in sports news production with an emphasis on graphic interpretation of news events.
- Thorough day-to-day knowledge of sports news, information and history with the skill to translate content into short, specific and concise messages that are easily comprehended and digested by the viewing audience.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to show leadership, to drive content and to leverage relationships by working collaboratively with team members.
- Experience creating and executing on-air graphics. Working knowledge of live control room workflow.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- College degree in Communications or English.
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.