Associate Producer I, ACC NetworkApply NowApply Later Job ID 10003333 Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Aug. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
An Associate Producer contributes to the creative development for all production content across multiple platforms. This posting is for an opportunity within our Studio group. We are looking for candidates who are agile, creative and interested in production opportunities.
- Contributes to the creative development for all production content extensions on all platforms.
- Oversees the production of assigned video elements.
- Gathers news, facts and video for assigned productions; researches and prepares story ideas for future productions.
- Conducts research in the video archives to obtain material for all assigned production elements.
- Participates in idea generation during show meetings for assigned projects and specialty elements.
- Contributes creative concepts for studio show elements, as well as concepts for other platforms.
- Contributes ideas to generate content and manages project from conceptions to execution.
- Collaborates with editors in the production of high-end video elements in AVID and QEP edit facilities.
- May produce ENG field shoots including, but not limited to, interviews, basic art direction, and specialty shoots.
- May produce assigned segments or shows with guests or analysts in studio shows.
- Provides direction and feedback to Production Assistant and Content Associates on assigned shows.
- Operates under close and frequent supervision, within the context of highly defined production processes.
- Work is subject to close and regular scrutiny by Producers and Coordinating Producers at regular intervals and milestones.
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum of 3 years' television production experience.
- Demonstrates and applies strong knowledge of most operating processes of production of studio shows and live events.
- Has and applies considerable knowledge of what story ideas and concepts to use for teases, original features, analysis clips, specialty elements, and features fed in from reporters and producers in the field.
- Has and applies considerable knowledge of what special animation elements to use for assigned productions.
- Has and applies knowledge regarding technological and social media advances relative to studio shows.
- Has strong mastery of sports and sports history.
- Strong writing skills.
Required Education :
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education :
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• An employee at this level is establishing skill/knowledge in a given functional field, likely building on a minimal amount of professional experience
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.