Associate Producer I, TencentApply NowApply Later Job ID 803903BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Jun. 01, 2021
- Solid AP for studio show, solid AD for live game coverage in PCR, PD Room and remote environments.
- Responsible for teases, montages, segments and other elements for game productions, highlights shows and studio shows.
- Utilizes latest production techniques and available technologies to produce top class content and drive ratings growth.
- Regularly generates and pitches viable and compelling content ideas to supervisors and events/shows heads in production meetings and elsewhere.
- Works seamlessly with a wide range of production personnel including, but not limited to, producers, event integration producers, PD and PCR operations staff and talent to ensure the production and its material reaches air efficiently and accurately.
- Operates with mastery in the digital environment, maximizing server capabilities and utilizing q-cut systems.
- Remains current with the worldwide news and uses information resources to support productions and ensure accuracy.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia elements and publishes to various platforms.
- Supports game productions and studio shows by proactively providing content, ideas and suggestions arising from assigned games.
- Minimum 2 years practical production experience.
- Bilingual English/Mandarin speaking/writing skills.
- Thrives on deadlines, delivering high quality, accurate work in high-pressure situations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of US and International Sports
- Stays current with technological advances in animation, video editing and graphics; has experience producing teases, segments, roll-outs and highlights for assigned productions and shows.
- Understands what content is compelling and relevant to shows, and actively suggests appropriate ideas.
- Strong knowledge of Chinese television sports market.
- Experience in editing montages, teases, sales features, promotions, roll-out, and special animation elements for assigned game productions.
- Experience producing segments, features and other elements for studio shows.
- Strong ability to edit words, content, and stats as well as be able to write clearly and concisely under pressure in live broadcast environment.
- Flexible and collaborative attitude towards constantly changing work conditions and environment.
- Strong understanding of and appreciation for Chinese culture.
- Has a good appreciation of popular culture, e.g., "what's cool" and assists with defining the tastes of ESPN's viewers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.