ESPN China Associate ProducerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10053632 Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Oct. 17, 2023
Position Summary: The Associate Producer I ESPN China position will support Producers and other Associate Producers in all aspects of NBA and other major international sports production in Mandarin Chinese and English. This position will also periodically support the production of other studio and remote event for domestic and global partners in Mandarin Chinese and English. The Associate Producer I position is based in Bristol, CT.
- Uses non-linear editing software to produce video features and add Chinese subtitles.
- Responsible for idealizing and editing montages, practice packages, video features for NBA game coverage in Mandarin Chinese.
- Use strong NBA knowledge to translate English NBA content to Mandarin Chinese.
- Familiar with both Chinese and US social media platforms and the strategy to maximize exposure and growth.
- Travels occasionally to NBA games to assist the production on site.
- Regularly generates and pitches viable and compelling content ideas to supervisors and content heads in production meetings and elsewhere.
- Works seamlessly with a wide range of production personnel including, but not limited to, producers, associate producers, Assignment Desk, Production Support, operations staff and talent to ensure the production and its material reaches air efficiently and accurately.
- Operates with mastery in the digital environment, maximizing server capabilities and utilizing Quantel editing systems.
- Remains current with the worldwide news and uses information resources to support productions and ensure accuracy.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia elements and publishes to various platforms.
- Minimum of two (2) years practical production experience.
- Bilingual English/Mandarin speaking/writing skills.
- Thrives on deadlines, delivering high quality, accurate work in high-pressure situations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of NBA and other major US and international sports.
- Stays current with technological advances in animation, video editing and graphics; has experience producing teases, segments, roll-outs and highlights for assigned productions and shows.
- Understands what content is compelling and relevant to shows, and actively suggests appropriate ideas.
- Strong knowledge of Chinese television sports market.
- Experience in editing montages, teases, sales features, promotions, roll-out, and special animation elements for assigned game productions.
- Flexible and collaborative attitude towards constantly changing work conditions and environment.
- Strong understanding of and appreciation for Chinese culture.
- Has a good appreciation of popular culture, e.g., "what's cool" and assists with defining the tastes of ESPN's viewers.
Required Education :
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Media, Journalism, Communications, Sports or a related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.