Associate Product Manager, Global Digital Ad Product
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 698987BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 20/08/2019
The Global Digital Ad Product group seeks to develop a data-driven, industry leading narrative and world class technical infrastructure to support an agile and innovative ad experience.
The Associate Manager Global Digital Ad Product will work on Disney Global Digital Ad Products. In this role the candidate will be responsible for implementing strategic business development initiatives and working with multiple domestic and international teams to determine the prioritization of roadmaps, feature sets, and development strategies. The successful candidate has a demonstrable track record of successfully working across regions, launching and integrating ad products in a consumer-oriented company and must possess a strong data-driven mindset. The candidate should be able to clearly communicate and partner across our Sales and Strategy teams, as well as our Design, Technology, Editorial, and Product teams. He or she should have experience with product or international work and with the software development lifecycle. In coordination with other product leads, this candidate will work with all aspects of the product management lifecycle for Ads experience on multiple platforms across all regions including mobile, web, and OTT. We are seeking a detail-oriented professional that can take strategic initiatives and turn them into successful products working hand in hand with many cross-departmental international teams.
- Collaborate with sales and strategy teams to understand market specific needs
- Ideate with Ad Product colleagues in order to provide new and innovative ad experiences to clients and fans
- Build out feasible roadmaps on realistic timelines
- Write and deliver detailed product requirements to our sales and strategy teams
- Work closely w/ domestic and international vendors to understand revenue and growth opportunity, deeply understand integration and development requirements, and communicate timelines and associated risks and dependencies
- Communicate clearly with our design, and technology partners about requirements and market specific needs and use cases
- Deeply understand our fans from around the globe and their specific experiences of our digital properties so as to create the best user experience, while maximizing revenue opportunities
- Manage and prioritize issues and action items throughout software development lifecycle
- Deeply understand ad product landscape and technology in order to deliver products that exceed quality, performance, and revenue expectations
- Effectively communicate product expectations and timelines to all stakeholders
- Escalate risks and constraints and manage dependencies and critical paths in a timely manner
- Coordinate as international expert with the US core team to ensure targeting and measurement is consistent and adheres to applicable privacy laws and guidelines in each country/ region (i.e. GDPR). Create and share best practices.
- Establish and facilitate feedback loop for the digital product roadmap that integrates the strategic objectives defined domestically with input collected from international stakeholders
- Minimum of 1 year experience making revenue driven decisions
- Results-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly skilled in time management
- Must have excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Must understand ad product landscape
- Solid facilitation and problem-solving skills and ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve business goals
- Self-directed and the ability to work independently
- Candidate should also have an entrepreneurial spirit and the flexibility to adapt
- Experience with Digital Ad Products
- Experience working internationally
- Experience in managing technology products
- 2 or more years of digital ad product experience
- 2 or more years of experience leading initiatives within a Media company
- Experience in digital media industry (e.g., mobile applications, web, video, and broadband)
- Excellent business and communication skills (written and verbal)
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.