Already applied?View Dashboard
Coordinator, Content OpsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 598206BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Oct. 04, 2018
Job Summary:We are seeking a Coordinator responsible for the operational execution and monitoring of live streaming events on ESPN+, ESPN3, and ESPN Play. The Coordinator will support the Digital Media Programming team on the day-to-day scheduling, management and delivery of live events and ESPN Video On Demand content. Key to this role will be live event monitoring during second/third shift, weekends and holidays.
At its core, this role is responsible for ensuring the successful execution of the daily ESPN+, ESPN3 & ESPN Play event plan as set by our Programming team. That plan includes specific instructions related to distribution rights, contractual obligations, FCC mandates, commercial insertion instructions, production elements and similar execution parameters.
In addition, this role is key in how our internal groups and external vendors execute their part of the plan. Being able to quickly adapt and make on the spot decisions is a key to our success. This role ensures that success.
This role understands the idiosyncrasies of sports and event production to a degree that allows those variables to be considered for successful live stream plan execution. In addition, this role feeds information back into our engineering teams to introduce efficiencies that further streamline plan execution while reducing likelihood for errors.
- Works with Digital Media Programming team’s management to assist in strategic scheduling, quality control and emergency data entry of assigned categories.
- Ensuring the daily program plan for live event streaming is accurately scheduled from an operational perspective.
- Ensures timely and effective communication of programming information to other departments, platforms and business units as well as to external partners as needed.
- Monitoring ESPN+, ESPN3 and ESPN Play live event execution.
- Handles scheduling and signal acquisitions of all live digital events across platforms including ESPN+, ESPN3 & ESPN Play.
- Ensures commercial formatting is accurate and executable.
- Handles the development of conditions/guidelines and coordinates execution with vendors.
- Create shift reports detailing all discrepancies.
- Basic knowledge and passion for emerging digital video products and platforms.
- Must be able to calmly execute job functions in a demanding environment.
- Have exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to focus on detail a must.
- General knowledge of the sports media industry.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities on a daily basis.
- Must be willing to work second/third shifts, weekends and holidays.
- One year of experience in the media industry
- Proficient computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office suite and social media platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related area of study; or equivalent work experience.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.