Crewing Coord IApply NowApply Later Job ID 771900BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jan. 13, 2021
- Has a basic understanding of technical remote positions, their functions, responsibilities, and necessary skills.
- Possesses a general understanding of the technical equipment used on mobile units, including but not limited to: cameras, replay devices, switchers, audio boards, and graphics machines.
- Has basic knowledge of the current ABC/NABET hiring contract.
- Routinely assesses, and regularly provides upward feedback, when hiring Independent Contractors (ICs) for ESPN produced events, focusing on skill sets, technical backgrounds, specific sport knowledge, and communication.
- Works with Operations Producer and/or Operations Manager to determine the technical needs for remote production. Provide support to the Operations Management in Bristol and at remote locations.
- Maintain event personnel lists, ensuring the accuracy of work start and end dates and coordinate with the operations department to ensure that personnel are hired properly. Ensure that all hired personnel complete necessary corporate paperwork and guide it through the system.
- Participate regularly in Operations meetings and conference calls for the sport events supported.
- Under the direction of the Crewing Management Staff, negotiate rates and discusses payment terms with Independent Contractors at point of hire. Is responsible for ensuring all aspects of work assignment is communicated, including call times, travel policy, and payment options.
- Typically, incumbent has a minimum of one 1 year of related technical, crewing and/or operational planning and procurement in Remote Broadcasting.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, including voice and email communication, as well as negotiating skills.
- Has awareness of developments in equipment technology and procedures.
- Has working knowledge of organization, financial and logistical process relating to show creation.
- Working knowledge of High Definition between remote operations and studio operations.
- Administers to proper hiring and payment policies.
- Operates within the defined goals of the Remote Operations department.
- Contributes to the "below the line" needs for success of the sport category.
- Maintains communication flow with peers in sharing best practices and maximizing contractor contacts.
- Has working knowledge of the technical equipment requirements of ESPN’s remote operations functions.
- Has an understanding of the procurement aspects of the technical and operational equipment needed to carryout broadcasts.
- Thorough knowledge of PC databases, Word, Excel, and related software
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical School degree in communications, broadcasting, or related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.