Crewing SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 861793BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Sep. 24, 2021
- Demonstrate extensive familiarity with the role of hiring and assigning of freelancers/Independent Contractors (IC's) across all remote events.
- Have a thorough understanding of technical, remote positions across diverse events: their functions, responsibilities and necessary skills.
- Demonstrate expert-level knowledge of the current ABC third-party vendor agreement, payroll rules, processes, and terms.
- Exhibit expert-level knowledge of technical equipment (cameras, EVS/replay devices, switchers, audio consoles and graphics machines) used on a mobile unit.
- Maintain an extensive knowledge-base of freelancers/ICs across sport assignments, positions, and geographical locations.
- Provide guidance, training and day-to-day support to all team members as needed. Be involved in, and contribute to scheduling of training for new hires, as well as internal and external shadow sessions.
- Function as a project lead for any crewing-specific initiatives. Host and participate in planning meetings as directed by Management.
- Consistently communicate, and ensure teams adhere to, the show-level needs of a remote event. Demonstrate leadership in structuring the budget and scheduling parameters around assignments.
- Demonstrate understanding and management of Crew Sheet and Technical Services Contract List (TSCL) distribution.
- Be well-versed in the current actualization process and performance tracking for assigned individuals. Consistently assist in the tracking of both.
- Function as a liaison between the Crewing area and the Remote Operations Resource Team. Assist in sharing and communicating best practices. Includes, but not limited to, Technical Services Contract Lists (TSCLs), Vendor relations, Disney Worldwide Shared Services (DWSS) communications, and ABC third-party payroll.
- Ensures that appropriate timelines are met around crewing needs for events and/or projects.
- In all of these responsibilities, positively and professionally represent the brand and model of the ESPN Crewing Department.
- Typically, incumbent has a minimum of 7+ years of industry related experience.
- Has in-depth awareness of company systems.
- Has in-depth knowledge of organization, procurement, financial and logistical skills relating to Crewing.
- Work is reviewed from a long-term and short-term perspective against defined objectives, budgets and schedules.
- Manages the standards that may impact the accuracy, cost, and timeliness of the events.
- Operates within the defined goals of the Remote Operations department.
- Basic computer experience, with a proficiency in Windows based PC applications such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Has and applies an advanced knowledge of the requirements of ESPN’s remote operations functions.
- Possesses previous management experience, either through assigned title or previous leadership role.
- Previous knowledge of NCS, SAP, and/or ESPN Playbook systems.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications or related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.