Digital Associate Producer IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 866323BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Oct. 01, 2021
- Develops, enhances, and advances specific story ideas and concepts both in daily productions and for long term planning. Understands and executes ESPN content priorities in planning shows and integrating with other ESPN platforms; regularly leads podcast production.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of production principles designed to drive consumption including but not limited to podcast downloads. Some shows may also have video components.
- Supervises the compiling and editing of materials necessary for production on all relevant platforms. Works in collaboration with colleagues in similar ESPN productions in the development of compelling cross-promotional content.
- Must have strong understanding of how to operate audio hardware, software, and facilities.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of relevant sports stories and newsmakers; books relevant guests for program appearances accordingly.
- Will assist in development of studio talent. Provides creative and editorial guidelines to on-air commentators in order to enrich quality of content.
- Will work with sales and marketing teams to ensure placement of commercials and any relevant on-air promotional announcements. Will also contribute ideas for sales opportunities.
- Must have strong skills in the area of social media/listener engagement. Associate Producer II will help develop overall audience development strategy for the show in concert with the marketing team. Coordinates with marketing team, around key events, from planning to execution.
- Participate in meetings/directives from ESPN Audio Content Leadership as needed.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in podcast or sports radio production
- Experience with podcast production is preferred.
- Sports radio experience preferred.
- High School Diploma
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.