Digital Video Content Associate SNAPCHATApply NowApply Later Job ID 854819BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Sep. 13, 2021
- Become a subject matter expert on the ESPN Digital Platforms and apply that expertise to expand reach, engagement, and distribution of content.
- Participate with teams internally and externally in the creation and distribution of content that best activates new audiences.
- Analyze usage and performance metrics that can lead to content enhancements and improvements.
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends and best practices for video distribution on ESPN digital platforms and social channels.
- Produce, create, and edit videos. This will include script writing, video editing, and graphic creation and working with subject matter experts for specific content types.
- 1 year working in a media environment, creating and managing content, and producing video elements.
- Strong base of current sports knowledge, including teams, players and storylines.
- Ability to edit using non-linear editing software.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of news and story play.
- An understanding of optimal tactics for content distribution.
- Ability to create and tell stories in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment.
- Work quickly and juggle multiple varied tasks during a typical work day.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with a variety of digital content management systems
- Understand and follow closely the latest in social media trends
- Experience editing with the Adobe Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience in editing content, specific to the needs and specs for multiple digital/social media platforms.
- Has a good appreciation of popular culture and assists with understanding the tastes of ESPN users.
- An understanding and of how sports fans are consuming content on mobile devices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Enterprises, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ESPN Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.