Digital Video/ Social Associate - LivestreamsApply NowApply Later Job ID 854546BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Nov. 23, 2021
May be open to alternate work locations.
- Edit shortform highlights and video content for ESPN’s livestreamed shows
- Work with talent to write and refine scripts
- Create graphics that stand out in a social/digital environment
- Conduct research in the media asset management system to obtain material for the preparation of production elements
- Pitch ideas for future content elements on ESPN platforms
- Shoot video content in both studio and field environments
- Provide timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia elements, and publish to various platforms
- Write headlines and descriptions of videos, and add other elements in the publishing process, in order to maximize effectiveness of content on digital platforms
- Provide feedback for other editors on the team
- Capitalize on data to drive content creation
- Adhere to established production department procedures
- Strong knowledge of sports, including current athletes, rules and events
- Strong video editing ability in Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro. Proficiency in Photoshop.
- Strong storytelling skills, creativity and a passion for pitching and executing story ideas from ideation to publication
- Fluency in the YouTube mediascape and other emerging platforms
- Must possess demonstrated communication and organization skills, and ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of production situations
- Familiarity with ESPN programming and platforms
- Proficiency with Adobe After Effects
- Video shooting experience, including lighting, camera and audio
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in broadcasting, communications, journalism or a closely related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.