Already applied?View Dashboard
Digital Video/Social Associate Producer I Mobile Platform ShowApply Now Apply Later Job ID 710458BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Oct. 29, 2019
Digital Video/Social Associate Producers (Mobile Platform) will write scripts, produce video and create graphics for ESPN's premium off-platform mobile show on Quibi. This individual must be organized, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and able to recognize unique and compelling content that will thrive in mobile digital/social environments. An associate will need to be able to think creatively in order to produce for both vertical and horizontal content consumption. Must have or develop an awareness of the operations of multiple ESPN units in order to collaborate successfully with creative services, production operations, social production, and technology to ensure that we maintain and evolve the tools and processes required to deliver digital video content to fans in the highest-quality, most creative, and most efficient ways possible. The ideal candidate is able to track performance metrics and video analytics, thus enhancing our production strategy.
- Produce, create, and edit videos. This will include script writing, video editing, and graphic creation and working with subject matter experts for specific content types.
- Become a subject matter expert on the ESPN Digital Platforms and apply that expertise to expand reach, engagement, and distribution of content.
- Participate with teams internally and externally in the creation and distribution of content that best activates new audiences.
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends and best practices for video distribution on ESPN digital platforms and social channels.
- Has a good appreciation of popular culture and assists with understanding the tastes of ESPN users.
- An understanding and of how sports fans are consuming content on mobile devices.
- Help create and maintain content plans for specific sports, topics and/or priorities.
- Track performance metrics and video analytics in order to enhance production strategy.
- Minimum three years of combined media experience with a focus on digital media production.
- Demonstrated experience with digital media revenue models and programmatic advertising.
- Masterful understanding of Search Engine Optimization methods and data analytics to inform content decisions.
- Experience in editing content, specific to the needs and specs for multiple social media platforms.
- Strong base of current sports knowledge, including teams, players and storylines
- Understand and follow closely the latest in social media trends.
- Excellent script writing skills; an understanding of optimal tactics for digital/social distribution.
- Strong understanding of core characteristics of “viral” content
- Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple varied tasks during a typical work day
- Advanced non-linear editing skills (Quantel, Avid, Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop etc.).
- Experience producing for large-scale media channels
- Experience in editing content, specific to the needs and specs for multiple digital/social media platforms.
- Experience working in a mobile-first content environment
- Experience working with a variety of digital content management systems
- Strong presentation skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.