Director, Cyber Security Operations
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 699498BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 22/08/2019
This position requires a strategic leader with strong collaboration skills, detailed working knowledge of security technologies and best practices, and familiarity in leading a distributed team to effectively managing risks for a complex business environment.
This position may be based in any of the following locations: Bristol, CT; Orlando, FL; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Burbank, CA.
- Lead the Cyber Security Operations team responsible for monitoring and responding to cyber and information security incidents.
- Govern the global threat & vulnerability management program including identifying, assessing, and driving remediation of vulnerabilities.
- Direct the cyber security incident response program and assist with related matters resulting from security investigations.
- Monitor for threats as it pertains to the brands, technology and operations, and provide timely reporting based on gathered information.
- Drive security analytics & automation to improve detection & response capabilities, operational intelligence, increase efficiency and scalability.
- Participate in key security initiatives as the Subject Matter Expert to ensure alignment with strategies and roadmap.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key partners to ensure that service levels are met.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert to internal and external business & technology teams and articulate risks in business context.
- Stay current on market developments to identify emerging security technologies, risks and trends to ensure that DTCI computing environment keeps pace with security technology and risk landscape evolution.
- 10+ years of experience in information security with demonstrated experience in building, implementing and continuous maturing of leading cyber security operations programs
- 5+ years of management experience that includes overseeing direct reports
- Demonstrated technical abilities across a broad range of technologies: Windows, Linux, relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL, etc.), NGFW, secure web gateways, endpoint security, vulnerability scanners, SIEM, virtualization and cloud computing
- Proven experience with profiling network traffic to detect possible intrusions from inside or outside networks
- Previous experience in conducting vulnerability testing and penetration analyses of computers, networks and applications
- Experience with computer forensic procedures to support investigations with evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, and data recovery
- Proven project management and organizational skills, specifically managing multiple, concurrent projects
- CISSP, GIAC GCIA and GIAC GCIH certifications desired
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline is highly desired
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.