Director IApply NowApply Later Job ID 10009261 Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Aug. 18, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Responsible for directing Studio and Remote television productions by coordinating show information in advance, then disseminating the information to the production and operational units. Team builder with strong production and technical knowledge required.
- Direct live productions from the control room or mobile unit by “calling the shots”; coordinate and execute all aspects of a fast-paced "live" show, both scripted and unscripted.
- Provide clear, concise and orderly communication of traffic to all involved during each assigned production.
- In advance of the production, coordinate the rundown to reflect the concepts and editorial themes in such elements as video, audio and graphics.
- Communicate the necessary information about elements of the show such as live shots, studio guests, graphic requirements; coordinate any accompanying paperwork.
- Oversee all aspects of the production, including lighting, camera blocking, visual effects, graphics and timing to ensure a quality presentation.
- Participate in meetings with managers and producers to develop the concepts, editorial themes and specific narratives for assigned productions.
- Minimum of 10 years’ major market experience or network equivalent preferred.
- A thorough understanding of television production is mandatory.
- Clear, concise and comprehensive verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to think quickly in a pressure situation is a necessity.
- Leadership skills are a must as the position includes facility and crew oversight, organization and show execution, plus problem solving.
- Hard working, detail oriented, creative; passionate about production and interested in technology.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) fluency preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.