Director SEOApply NowApply Later Job ID 983289BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jun. 19, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Identify, research and assess new strategic audience opportunities and develop a plan to target and develop these new audiences, ensuring audience goals are met and exceeded.
- Provide advance as well as real-time insights aimed at increasing audience reach, suggesting optimization practices that result in more traffic back to our platforms.
- Oversee experiments, collaborating with teams across Editorial, Product and Audience Engagement.
- Develop a framework for making decisions around data, utilizing analytics and testing to identify opportunities to attract new users, broaden impact and deepen engagement.
- Act as the go-to person for editors seeking answers on all things SEO, formulating an in-depth strategy for content, researching content key phrases and generating search-friendly ideas for the site across all verticals.
- Extract, clean and package data, and present critical, easy-to-digest insights to allow content creators to make informed decisions.
- Evaluate and provide insights into new social/digital platforms, staying on top of the industry news, trends and developments, including Search, Social and other off-platform algorithm changes
- A comprehensive knowledge of data tools such as Adobe Analytics, Chartbeat, Google Analytics and experience working with third-party platforms such as Apple News, Flipboard, Smartnews, and Reddit.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in a news environment, including at least three years in people management.
- Clear record of growing audiences across multiple channels
- Understanding and appreciation of news, story play and trending topics.
- Highly curious, collaborative and passionate about digital media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and news judgment.
- Basic knowledge of all major sports.
- Knowledge of web authoring tools and software, search engines and audience acquisition.
- Experience with driving audience expansion through off-platform channels for original content
- Familiarity with tools that measure online traffic, consumer habits and usage patterns
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English or a related field.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.