DTCI Android Mobile Engineer Intern, Bristol, CT- Fall 2019
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 674461BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 30/05/2019
Job Summary:DTCI Mobile Engineering develops a full suite of applications for mobile phones and tablets that deliver a wide range of content to the digital consumer including scores, news, social media, radio, video, live TV and fantasy games.
The internship will be a hands-on learning experience demonstrating how features of our mobile applications evolve from concept to concrete implementation using the Agile development methodology. The intern will work directly with a senior-level engineer to design, architect, and develop one or more of these features. The intern will also gain an understanding of how various departments within ESPN – product, design, and technology – work together to create a seamlessly integrated product.
- Work with the Android Mobile Engineering technology team to plan, build and test applications for mobile phones and tablets
- Investigate new technologies at the direction of staff engineers and report findings
- Complete programming assignments using Java and Grovvy
- Participate in application testing alongside dedicated quality assurance personnel
- Work closely with Project Management to plan and track work in an Agile fashion
- Must be self-motivated, have a strong team orientation, learn quickly and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work with a wide spectrum of consumer facing technologies
- Passion for consumer software development
- Must enjoy technical troubleshooting and exploration
- Experience, including course work or self-driven exploration, of Android or related mobile technologies
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship. .
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is 10 weeks, and the approximate dates are September 9 – November 16, 2019. Interns will work 40 hours per week.
Location: Bristol, CT
Housing: A limited amount of housing assistance may be available for those who qualify.
Transportation: Limited transportation assistance to and from work may be available for those who qualify.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.